It is amazing how much time we loose while developing software with peculiar behaviors that can not be explained.
I have spent a whole day trying to replace a login form from plain HTML to using ExtJS. After several attempts, some questions sent out to forums, several Google searches, etc. I could, finally, fix the issue.
The solution was simply replacing an
input field with a
button for submitting the form.
Also, I learned some new things for form handling with ExtJS, including eliminating the need of the
success = True response parameter on the JSON response.
Another useful thing that I have learned was how to simplify the form process allowing me to use the dynamic features of the TurboGears backend along with ExtJS without recurring to using placeholders on my HTML code and